Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mascara review: Benefit's they're real mascara

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the long hiatus, we moved to a new home and I'm slowly getting unpacked and organized. I still have a few boxes to unpack but it's a point where I can relax a bit and not feel overwhelmed by my chores.
Today I will be reviewing one of my splurges, Yes I caved and I bought Benefit's They're Real mascara. Normally I would never ever buy high end mascara no matter how good the claims to be. Mascaras have a very short shelf life 3 months only, so I definitely didn't to throw away money that quickly. Mascara's are just hits and misses even if there are thousands of raves about a specific product one still doesn't know how it will perform on yourself. Today I saw a sample size of Benefit's they're real mascara at Ulta and decided to get it.


Product Claims:

They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!What else you need to know:
94% saw dramatic length & volume*
90% saw base-to-tip curl*
94% saw visible lift*
100% saw long-wearing results*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey

the brush up close
How to apply
Position wand horizontally & wiggle brush from side to side, base to tip, to achieve maximum volume, length & lift. Hold wand vertically & stroke upward to curl & separate. Layer generously as desired.

Details

8.5 g Net wt. 0.3 oz.

Beauty tip

Want a big, doe-eyed look? Fan corner lashes outward with the custom-domed tip. The precision bristles make it easy!

Product experience:
I bought the sample size it's a tiny mascara for $10 but the full size mascara cost $23. It comes with a rubber bristle brush.

Pros:
  • Gives a lot of volume
  • The rubber bristle brush was great at separating lashes.
  • The ball tip is great at getting hard to reach inner and outer lasher
Cons:
  • Very pricey $23 for a full size tube and $10 for travel size
  • Can only be purchased at Sephora, Ulta online.
  • The brush was rough on my eyelids, I just end up poking my eyelids and sometimes my eyes with the brush
  • Takes a while to dry because the brush applies a thick coat of product.
  • Feels very heavy and thick on the eyelids

I was not impressed by this mascara, I kept poking my eyes with the wand and that hurts. the results was good. Not worth the price tag for me













No comments:

Post a Comment