Friday, May 10, 2013

Nail product review: NYC nail polish

Hi everyone, I hope your doing well today. Spring is in the air and comes the warmer weather and bright or pastel colors of the season. Gone are the dark colors of winter. I love spring it's one of my favorite seasons maybe its because its a transition to summer or just the fact that there's color every where and fun bright colors makes me very happy.
Today I will be reviewing the NYC nail polish I bought 2 polishes or varnish. It was so inexpensive that I wanted to try a few colors.
Add caption
Product claims:

LONG WEARING NAIL ENAMEL
You work hard, so your manicure should work hard too. NYC New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel, in a cascade of luxurious shades, creates instant glamour that will resist any daytime or nighttime drama. Plus it delivers a glossy, high-shine finish that lasts. Effortlessly applied every time, find beauty that lasts all day, from work to play.
Benefits
High-shine finish that lasts
Gives nails a hard, smooth, chip-resistant surface
Covers imperfections for a perfect manicure look
UV filters prevent color fading
 
IN A NEW YORK COLOR MINUTE QUICK DRY NAIL POLISH
At last, a manicure that moves at the speed of Manhattan. NYC's In a New York Color Minute nail polish is slick, glossy polish that goes from wet to set in less than 60 seconds with a special control-flow brush that dispenses just the right amount of color for perfect application…even if you need to apply while heading across town in a taxi. Be vibrant, be brilliant and be bright for less.
Benefits
Formula dries in less than 60 seconds
Easy-to-use flat brush for ultra-fast application
Intense pigments for brilliant color
UV filters prevent color fading
Key Ingredients
Contains calcium, magnesium and iron


Product experience:

I did not use a base, or a top coat when I first tested out this products. I used my nail polish drier to dry the nails quickly. It's a combination of UV light and air nail polish dries.I wanted to figure out how well the product performs on its on. How long the product will last on my nails. I can be very rough on my hands.

NYC Long Wear in sky line blue
after 3 coats

NYC Long Wearing nail enamel
The product comes in .045 fl oz or 13.3 ml bottle for $2 USD in the color 151 skyline blue. This color is a nice pastel color, it's a cool tone light blue color with a hint of grey. This nail polish contains finely milled silver glitter.

This polish has a round skinny brush. The consistency is thinner than I would have preferred making even application difficult. I had to apply 3 good coats of nail polish to get a good color saturation and even with that there are still areas that are very patchy. I had to shake the product in between application to make polish smooth again.
I'm not very impressed with the product, it performed like any other nail polish on me. It chipped after two days of the wearing the polish.


NYC New York minute in Lexington yellow
after 4 coats

NYC Minute Quick dry polish
This product comes in .33 fl oz or 9.7 ml bottle for $1 USD. I bought the color 294 Lexington yellow. The nail polish is a bright mustardy yellow. This polish has a thicker flat brush.
The consistency of this nail polish is very thin, making the application very streaky. The thicker flatter brush did help apply the product a little easier but I still had a very streaky application. Just like the name says it does dry very fast but doesn't cure for another 30 to 40 minutes So don't plan on doing any rough with your hands or you will get dents in your polish
brush  NYC long wear enamel

Pros:
  • Inexpensive the NYC long wearing nail enamel cost $2.
  • NYC minute quick dry polish cost $1
  • Both dried, fast even after several coats
  • Both are Widely available at sears, target and pharmacy.
brush NYC new york minute
Cons:
  • The both nail polish has a very thin consistency.
  • Both nail polish doesn't apply evenly and streaked a lot even with different kinds of brushes.
  • Both needed multiple coats to get full color saturation around 4 to 5 coats.
  • NYC minute quick dry nail polish dried fast but did not hardened. I was left with dent marks on my polish.
  • Doesn't have a wide variety of colors and finishes in store but online there are a lot of colors available.
Both polishes chipped after 2 days and that's the normal wear for me. For $2 it's not bad but I just did not like the very thin and streaky consistency of the product. Still for a couple of dollars it performs just like a high end polish that cost more.












 


 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment