Thursday, July 9, 2015

Julie G candy shoppe colors

packaging
Hi Everyone
I hope your doing well, today I will be reviewing a nail polish for you. I've heard a lot of good things about the Julie G line of nail polish. This particular one caught my eye.
brush

Product Claims

Candy shoppe colors jelly bean finish

one coat
Product Experience

 .35 fl oz 10 mls $3.99 the color Licorice twist 70194 which is a demi matte dark grey

two coats
I liked the color on the bottle, the product needs multiple coats to achieve that nice opaque color. It does dry quickly in between coats but when you have 4 or 5 layers it will take some time to dry. The texture of the product combined with the demi matte finish enhances the uneveness in the nails. So I highly recommend using a base coat. You can use a top coat but it will alter the nice demi matte finish.
four coats


Pros

  • Dries quickly
  • Comes in a variety of colors
  • Demi matte finish
  • Easy to store comes in a tiny bottle
  • The polish feels light even with multiple coats. It doesn't feel hard or thick on the nails.
  • Lasted a good couple of days on my nails, it just showed a little bit of wear on the tips

Add caption





Cons

  • has only 9 colors to choose from
  • You get a lot less product 
  • Applies streaky
  • Needs a base coat or top coat because the texture and finish of polish enhances uneven nails.
  • The product has a watery consistency
  • Needs multiple coats to achieve color opacity. I think I applied 4 coats of the polish.

after 5 days, showing wear on the tips
I love the end result I just did not like the amount of work with this product. It took a lot a layering just to get the right color.










No comments:

Post a Comment