Thursday, July 5, 2012

Product review: Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream

Hi everyone,
I hope you had a fun and yet safe 4th of July, today I will review the shisheido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55. With a lot research in beauty and medicine we now know that lot of sun exposure is no longer a friend. It can cause pre-mature aging, sun spots and even the dreaded melanoma.
I have always used moisturizer with SPF but now I'm finding out that what I have been using is not enough. I I found out that it is hard to find a moisturizer combo with SPF that is not too greasy on the face.

packaging, comes in a plastic bottle or this one is a squeeze bottle


Product claims
A highly nourishing cream-formula sunscreen for the face that defends against powerful UVA/UVB rays that cause sunburn, cell damage, dryness, roughness and premature signs of aging such as fine lines. Smoothes on with no trace of stickiness. Invisible on skin.
  • An anti-aging suncare cream that protects skin against the UV rays ausing photo-aging with an excellent UVA/UVB protection effect.
  • Very water-resistant.
  • Perspiration-resistant.
sample


Product experience:
After I have finished with my skin care routine and just dot on the sunscreen all over my face and neck and then blend it in. This leaves me a semi matte finish.
You get 2 bottles of 30 ml or 1.02 oz for $20, 50 ml 2 oz $35

Pros:
Comes in a variety of sunscreen protection I bought the SPF 55 travel size
Doesn't leave you looking like a grease ball.
Leaves a semi-matte finish on the skin
Smells very nice
Available at sephora, Macy's and Nordstroms, participating  or online

Cons:
Pricey: $35 for 50 ml or 2 oz

I know for sunscreen this is really expensive. It is worth it and it doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all. It's great to layer under make up. I bought mine after the new year shisheido was having a pre package deal from the holidays. I bought 2 bottle of the SPF 55, for $20. I will try and find a drugstore alternative.



No comments:

Post a Comment