Sunday, July 1, 2012

product review: BB cream, blemish balm, beblish balm

Hi everyone,

Today I'll be reviewing BB creams, or blemish balm or beblish balms. What it is a multi purpose product for very, very sensitive skin, that needs a lot of tlc and some make up coverage. BB creams has a lot of uses for the basics it performs as your moisturizer, primer and foundation. Some BB creams contains sun protection usually an SPF 25 and pa+++ others come with anti-aging benefits. With that being said BB creams are the wonder product in Asia. I know its all the rage today and a lot of american brands are coming up with their version of a BB cream. For the sake of making this review short I will be reviewing the skin 79 brand and Legere brand BB creams.

BB creams are great in terms of their multi-function product. You have one product and has multiple use. You don't need to buy separate items such as moisturizer, face primer and foundation or base. Your BB cream is all that you will need. Each brand is unique and will function differently. Some has anti-aging in it to firm up the skin. Depending on your skin what you need I suggest to purchase a sample kit so far the most popular brand like skin 79 and legere have sample kits. This way you will know what works for you and how each product will react on your skin. There by saving you time and a lot of grief just incase BB creams doesn't work for you.

The Skin 79 BB creams
This product is amazing it's very light blends easily. It's by far one of the darker BB creams available.

Legere BB cream
It's a thicker BB cream it's a little difficult to blend.

My experience:
I used the BB cream a few weeks before my vacation and didn't noticed any side effects. I was using the skin 79 in the bright pink tube. It blended easily and gave me a very light coverage.
I brought my BB creams with me while vacationing. It's convenient because I didn't have to carry several items like sun block, face primer and foundation all I needed was my BB cream I used it for 2 days straight one day using a light oil as moisturizer and applied on top. The next day using just the BB cream on my face.
Pros
It's multi purpose eliminating the need to purchase several different products.
It's easy to use, unlike regular foundation that can turn mask like, it gives a very natural finish.
Contains Anti-aging.
Contains broad spectrum sun protection.
Inexpensive because of the variety uses.
Is starting to be widely available.
Some are easily blended on to the skin.

Cons
This products broke me out, I used the legere and skin 79 on different days.
Not a lot of color variety it comes in light or medium or sometimes just light. Definately not for women who are very dark.
Asian brands can only be purchased online or specialty stores.
Some have the grey cast because of the high SPF content.
Does not give full coverage, light to maybe medium depending on your skin type and your needs.
Needs to set with powder.

BB creams are a great product especially if you want an everyday, natural look and a streamlined routine. You don't need to pile several different products on your face. You have light to medium coverage with out placing a face full of products. If you need a little extra you can always use a tiny amount of concealer on the problem spots a little bit of powder and your all set.
Unfortunately I can't recommend any of this BB cream I used one from each brand and it broke me out. I will try out lioeli BB cream and some American brand BB cream in a later date hopefully when my break out has cleared up. Also I got so annoyed with this product that I got rid of the packaging and samples. I don't have any pictures but I will post a link so you know what I bought. I'm not trying to say don't buy it or use it since our skin and bodies react differently. Hopefully you will have a much better expereince than I did.
http://www.imomoko.com/product_detail.php?ID=4718
http://www.imomoko.com/product_detail.php?ID=2311

No comments:

Post a Comment