Thursday, December 6, 2012

CLEANSER review: Oil free Acne Stress Control POWER-GEL CLEANSER

Hi everyone,

For some other reason or not I have been suffering from stress acne. Stress acne are the one that is deep underneath your skin. Bumps that is red and painful and leaves a lot of hyperpigmentation. My usual skin care routine wasn't helping much at all. So I figured I needed a much stronger cleanser preferably with benzoly peroxide. I couldn't find one at the drugstore and was even contemplating on getting pro-active. I didn't feel like waiting for my order and decided I should try Neutrogena stress acne wash. My skin and Neutrogena did not get a long. As much as I liked the acne formulation of Neutrogena it severely dries out my skin. Super dry skin means inflammation and inflammation leads to more oil production and more oil production leads to more possibility of developing more acne. Acne that I am trying to get rid off in the first and continues the vicious cycle. Sigh.
I'm currently testing this product out, I know I can't use this on a daily basis. The neutrogena line of face wash just dries my skin out. I will use it a few times a week and see if I get any results.

Product claims:
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control® Power-Gel Cleanser controls your breakouts so acne is one less stress. Unique foaming gel cleanser instantly dissolves oil, fights breakouts, and soothes skin for amazingly clear skin. So advanced, it treats acne even before it emerges.

This rich gel cleanser penetrates deep into the pores to clear skin. Its breakthrough MicroClear® technology is clinically proven to boost the delivery of acne medicine, unclogging congested pores and speeding treatment deep and fast to the source where breakouts begin. What's more, naturally derived skin-soothers, green tea and cucumber, help reduce redness and irritation, leaving skin calmer and looking stress free.
  • Non-irritating
  • MicroClear®

Product expereince:
What you get is a clear gel cleanser with a hint of green color in a clear plastic bottle with a pump. You get 6 fl oz or 177 ml for $7.49. To use pump a little of this cleanser on to my silicone scrubber and gently scrub my face. This cleanser is a little hard to wash off, I feel that some residue being left behind because my skin feels very slick, but this product does not dry out my skin as much as other Neutrogena products I have used in the past. I use this product every other day or third day alternating with my rosehip black soap. I will say that the active ingredients in this product is salisylic acid, I was looking for benzoyle for active ingredients but I think most drugstore acne systems has reformulated their products.

Pros:
A very gentle cleanser, compared to other neutrogena cleansers
Contains salisylic acid to combat acne
Widely available at drugstores, target and walmart
Price very inexpensive

Cons:
A little difficult to rinse off
Can be drying if used  on a daily basis

I like this product, this works well with my skin regimen. I love that this didn't dry out my skin like previous products I have tried from neutrogena. For some reason this doesn't do anything for my break out. I can't use this product on a daily basis since it still dries my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment