Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Face Make up review: E.L.F. Studio Concealer and highlighter duo

Hi everyone,

I hope your having a wonderful week, today I will be reviewing the ELF studio line concealer and highlighter duo.
Like everyone else I'm starting to have dark under eye circles. I get plenty of sleep but age is starting to show and I am in need of a little help to brighten my eyes.

Product claims:
Corrects under eye problematic areas such as dark circles and bags easily and effectively.
Contains vitamins A & E, chamomile, green tea and caffeine to moisturize, soothe and tighten the skin around the delicate eye area.

Product experience:
The product comes in a rectangular shaped tube. One end is the concealer and the other end is the highlighter or brightener. It has a doe foot one applicator and you get 0.17oz/ 5g for both concealer and highlighter. First I think I bought the wrong color light is too light for me right now, since summer is beginning to end I still have my tan. The concealer is very light in texture, it will not hide any heavy under eye circles.

swatches, highlighter and concealer

Pros:
  • Compact, the packaging is sleek, doesn't take much room easy to store and good for travel.
  • You get both the highlighter and concealer in one
  • Price $3
  • Can be purchased online or at participating target stores.
  • Great for cleaning up fall out from dark eye shadows.

Cons:
  • Comes with a doe foot wand, not very sanitary but it's okay for personal use.
  • It only comes in 3 colors fair, light and medium.
  • It's a very light concealer, it will not cover really dark under eye circles.
  • The highlighter is a stark white, unless your very fair then this is not going to work on your skin and will look ashy.
All in all I wasn't crazy about this concealer duo, I liked the idea of having two items in one compact case. The problem is the formula, I think I got the wrong color, I feel this is too light for my skin. The highlighter is just too stark white that it looks unnatural.









No comments:

Post a Comment