Saturday, June 23, 2012

website review: YESSTYLE.COM

Hi everyone,

How are you today? I hope your enjoying the warm So Cal weather. I have signed up with yesstyle.com I heard about this website through frmheadtotoe who is a makeup/beauty guru on YouTube. She bought a Japanese skincare product from this website. Like I said on the previous blogs I'm also looking for good Asian skin care and make up products. Mostly I'm looking for sample packs to try. Asian beauty products are on the expensive side and I want to make sure that I don't have bad reaction from the products and waste money on a something I can't use.

How to sign-up
Signing up is relatively easy and fast. It's pretty much the same for any website. It's free to sign up and you also gain beauty points as you purchase items. Beauty points are purchase points that you gain at any purchase, you get some freebies and more discounts. So to sign up just go to yesstyle.com and click on the link sign up. It will ask for basic info like email address,name, home and mailing address etc. Wait for a reply email from the website and start shopping.

Products and then some
Yesstyle.com sells a lot of items on their the website. They have women's cloths, shoes, make up and beauty products. Yesstyle focus mostly on Asian products from Japanese to Korean and even some European skin care and make up. I signed up to this site mostly because I wanted to try Japanese skin care. I'm also looking for a good bargain price for a really good exfoliant called Cure. So far I have only seen this brand in two websites. Yesstyle.com is the only one that has sample packs that you can purchase but the full size product is still a little expensive.
The product is from mid-range to high end products. They have the popular brands such as clinique, lamer, khiels, clarins etc. There is a good variety of brands to choose from.

Prices
Most of the products here start at $10 to a few hundred dollars depending on brand and the kit. Price wise this site is not the most competitive sometimes this website can be more expensive. I think for brands that is available here in the US such as Biore, Neutrogena, Clinique, skin food etc I will find a cheaper price here in So Cal. But I find I want to try their products as well because most of the product is geared towards Asian market. So the products tend to be different in formulation and certain products are available only in Asia. Also some of the European drugstore/highstreet brand like Bourjois are expensive. So you really have to do your research that way you don't spend too much on an items that supposedly be inexpensive.

Promos
Right now they have a promo where if you purchase $59 or more you get a sample of lenaige products. I think they will also ship any items for free if you spend $75 to $149.99.

My haul
Bourjois micelles cleansing water, Cure natural aqua gel packs 3g 5 pieces, Avene clean-AC hydrating soothing adjunctive care (for blemish prone sensitive skin)stylus as a free gift.

Shipping, other fees and headaches
The shipping rate for the US is a flat rate USD $9.99 for any purchases under $150 and anything over USD $150 shipping is free.
Shipping here is on the slow side, they will not ship your order unless everything is available. They don't ship items separately like other websites. They also have some shipping limitations. They will not ship certain products in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia and Russian Federation.
I also encountered another issue, my shipping was delayed because of a clearance issue. I didn't realize that my purchases would be coming from Hongkong. My purchases was stuck at customs for 4 days waiting for the clearance. FedEx even went as far as to contact me regarding my my shipment to obtain necessary information. I had to contact customer service from yesstyle so they could forward the information that was needed.
If your from the US you might get hit by a charge called a yesstyle conventy charge it's $1.89 for international transaction fee. Just a head's up for those who are interested in signing up. Your charges will not reflect until yesstyle ships you products so bear that in mind if your making any purchases that is on order.
Weeks after recieving my purchases that I get hit but a very incovinient duty tax. I was being charge $20 by FedEx because I purchased items abroad. So beware if you purchasing any items online

Customer Service, product return policy
Unfortunately yesstyle does not have the greatest refund/exchange policy.First you have contact costumer service for any return or exchanges. For clothing and beauty products I think you can return them with in 14 days. Jewelry can only returned for repairs if the item is defective. You will be charged the shipping for returns.
I had to contact customer service because of the some clearance issue with my shipment. I would say customer service acted promptly. I sent them an email in the afternoon, I figure there would be a time difference so over night I recieved 2 emails from yesstyle. One from customer service letting me know they recieved my complaint and the second email coming from logistics. All in all I was happy with customer service and prompt reply and and prompt action but I think this could have been prevented if the packaging information was properly done.

As much as I liked the products I have purchased I think this will be the last time I will purchase from yesstyle. I have been shopping online for a long time and had never had some issue for any purchases. Even after you have recieved your purchases your will still have other headaches.

my purchases from yesstyle, I'm excited to use the Cure agua gels

No comments:

Post a Comment