Friday, September 21, 2012

My odd bits and ends make up brushes Drugstore brushes

Hi everyone

I hope your all having a nice day, staying cool in this crazy weather we are having. So today I will be reviewing my odd bits and ends make up brushes. Like everyone else I have purchased many make up brushes from different brands, I have drugstore brushes and high end make up brushes. Looking for that one holy grail of a make up brush or brush set. That will contain everything that I need and want. For the sake of making this review short I will review my drugstore brushes today and will review my high end brushes on another separate review.
This brushes have been in my collection for a few months to a few years now and some might be discontinued.

Sonia Kashuk brushes, white handled is a large crease brush
the silver handled left to right: eye shadow brush, blush brush and eyebrow brush

Sonia Kashuk brush set with silver handle, Target
I own a set of Sonia Kashuk brushes that I bought online. I must say that since I have bought this set the item I use is blush brush everything else is collecting dust somewhere. The face brushes were okay but the eye brushes were the same shape that just varied in size. I find that eye shadow brushes were too soft and I just did not like using them. (discontinued)
Sonia Kashuk white handle brushes, Target
So far I have only bought one brush from this line. I bought the round crease brush and I love it. I use it to soften my lid color and apply my crease color. It is just the right size for my eye and not too tapered and not too dense


ELF brushes
left to right
Flat eyeshadow brush, concealer brush, angled blush brush, studio line contour brush

Elf Brushes, Target
I own a combination of the $ 1 and studio line brushes
I own the flat brush, contour brush, angled blush brush and tiny concealer brush.
The flat eyeshadow brush it's very tapered and picks up color and lays color easily.
The contour brush from the studio line was too dense and stiff.
The blush brush was very sparse and it's hard to apply blush and blend the blush.
The concealer brush I use to apply my lip color.

Target line left to right
Crease brush, eye shadow brush, smudge brush and foundation brush
Studio tools, Target
I own the flat eye shadow brush, smudger brushes, crease brush and foundation brush.
The flat eyeshadow brush is too fluffy and creates a lot of fall out.
The crease brush is fluffy but holds it shape and not very tapered good for applying crease color and blending.
I love their smudger brush it gives you a nice smudge line underneath your eyes or to off eyeliners with eyeshadow.
I also love the flat foundation brush, it's very soft on the skin and lays down liquid foundation nicely or blend liquid or cream highlighter and blushes.


essence of beauty crease brush duo
ESSENSE brushes, CVS

My favorite set that I haven't found a replacement for. The smudger brush is just the right size for me and the same for the crease brush. The crease brush is small enough to get you a nice outer V shaped.The brushes is nice and soft.
Hobo crease brush, CVS dual ended crease and smudger brush
Hobo, CVS or Walgreen's
This is a new brand of make up brushes at CVS and Walgreen's, I only bought the fluffy crease brush because that's the only one I don't own. It is on the pricey side or at least that's what I thought. On the box is says $18 for the brush but you qualify for coupon so in the end it came out to $10.
It a good brush I like that it's very fluffy but it's not too big and fluffy I like using to apply color on my crease. It places color and blends the color very nicely.
Dual ended crease brush, CVS
I use to love the dual ended crease and smudger brush. I liked that it's very tapered to a point. I use to use this to apply color to my crease it's so tapered that blending is so easy.

That's it for my drugstore make up brushes, some of this brushes have been in my collection for years. I don't exactly remember how much I paid for each brush. I can say for sure that I paid between $5 and $10 for each of them. They have lasted me years and have worn quite nicely. I take care of them, make sure to keep them clean and store then well. I am constantly look for make up brushes and trying new brands them out. I have a few set of make up brushes that I will review for you on up coming blogs.  Next will be my high end make up brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment