Tuesday, September 25, 2012

MAKE UP BRUSH review: my odd bits and ends make up brushes: my high endbrushes

Hi everyone,

As promised here is the second part of my odd bits and ends make up brushes. This is my review of the some of the high end brushes that I have collected through the years. It's not much since these are quite pricey usually the price range of $15 to $25 depending on what brand.

from left to right
Liner brush, Concealer brush, Angled eye shadow brush, Flat eyeshadow brush, Face brush and Kabuki brush


i.d. Bare escentuals
I own the flawless face brush for their mineral make up, kabuki make up brush,the flat eyeshadow brush, the angled eyeshadow brush and their eyeliner brush.
This line of brushes were designed to be used with the loose mineral mineral make-up.
The flawless face brush, buffs on mineral make up like a dream. The bristles are a little stiff on this brush but it does the job well.
The eyeshadow brush is the perfect size and stiffness to apply loose mineral make up and regular eye shadows.
The kabuki brush is great to buffing in mineral make up for a full coverage effect or blend your face make up.
The angled eye shadow brush is great to applying color or making that crisp outer V.
My favorite is very thin and pointy eyeliner brush. It allows me to create the thinnest line with a lot of control. I love to use this with my cream eyeliners.
UD brush & Sephora brush

Sephora
I own their cream eyeshadow brush, this brush shape reminds me of the Mac 217. It's great for creating that smokey eye, laying down cream foundation and blending at the crease .

Urban Decay
I own the synthetic eye shadow brush it came with my naked palate, it is not a very good brush. It doesn't pick up color like a natural bristle brush. I might use it to apply concealer.

I hope that it some what helps, I'm not a make-up artist by trade and I try to purchase brushes that I know I can use. There are few things that I am willing to make an exception and will make an investment. Like the liner brush from bare escentuals. I don't have a lot of eye lid space thanks to my asian eyes, it's not exactly a mono lid. With that the brush is super thin that I can use it, I love it so much that I bought a second brush.
If you have any questions feel free to ask them and I will try and answer them as best I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment