Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SKIN CARE product review: Pore strips

Hi Everyone,

I hope your all doing well. Today I'm going review and compare pore strips for you. For some of you who doesn't know what pore strips are. These things are a thin piece of fibrous paper, it has some sort of substance inside. When it comes in contact with your damp skin and dries it pulls out the sebum that's been piling in your pores.

I have tried several different brands through out the years. I'm also looking and trying different brands. The the science of beauty is getting better each year. Today I will be reviewing pore strips only, there is a mask form but I will review that for another day.

As with all pore strip I use this mostly once or twice a week. No more than twice a week it will irritate your skin and will be waisting products.
To use after cleansing your face and while it's still wet you just apply the strip on to your nose. Just smooth everything over with your finger making sure their is good contact with the strip and you skin. Just let it dry and Gently peel the strip starting from the sides towards your nose.

Here are the brands that I have tried through out the years. One is new but I've used this brand for a few months I alternate between brands I hope this is helpful for you guys out there whose interested in trying out different brands.

Biore ultra deep pore cleansing strip.
Box for the Biore combo pack of forehead and nose strip

My experience:
This is one of the drugstore brands, It's easy to use and has illustrations. This comes in a variety of products, there is one for deep cleansing that has tea tree oil, a forehead and chin strips etc. This is widely available at CVS, Rite aide, Target, Walmart. Pretty much any place that carries the Biore product line. I would say this product does a decent job of cleaning my pores. Especially the ones on my nose and the sides of my nose. It comes with 14 ct face and nose strip for $9.99 and an 8 count for $7.99. It's not the best even though it's cheap and they have reformulated the product.

Skin food pore strips

Skin food packaging

Skin food forehead and jaw foil

Forehead and chin pore strips, I like that these are triangular in
shape so they're interchangeable
Skin food Nose pore strips looks just like Biore

Experience:
This product over all is the best compared to biore, this closely resembles the pore strips I used to prefer. It does a better job of cleaning out my pore and I feel like my pores stay clean a lot longer because the egg whites tighten my pores. This is a Korean brand and is not widely available as the other two. I purchased mine at a skin food store in one of the malls here in So Cal. I found this brand online at sasa.com, imomoki.com and yesstyle.com. This comes with 12 ct mixed forehead and nose strips for USD $12.00
The pore strip looks almost like the biore but the paper is thinner it's much easier to peel off and apply to your face. I find the edges doesn't adhere to your skin but that doesn't bother me and does not affect the over all performance of the product.

Boscia pore strip

the box


Comes individual sachets
Boscia Nose strip


This one of the high end products I decided to try. Bosca has a whole range of cleansing product. For the face focusing in cleaning out pores. This is better than biore as good as the skin food. This is one of the hardest to use. The pore strip is very thin black paper so when you peel it off the film. The product stretches making the pore strip harder to place on your nose.
This is available at sephora, I think Macy's and Nordstroms. I wouldn't recommend this brand because it's too expensive and you only get 6 nose strips for $14.

Some tips
Here is a tip to make pore strips work even better. Cleanse your face normally, after that use a deep pore cleansing mask I like to you my ghassol purifying paste.It has natural ghassol clay that draws out the impurities. Let the mask sit for the recommended time then wash it off and then use the pore strips. Make sure that there is a good contact between your skin and pore strip, you need to smooth it with your fingers do so.
It makes a world of difference how these things work. You will find a lot more dirt, sebum stuck on your pore strip. You will notice a lot of difference on how your pores look.

I hope that helps, if you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment






2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm close to using up several of my facial cleansers and have been searching reviews for pore cleansers. This was so helpful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it I'm always looking and trying these things out :)

      Delete