Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hautelook.com review

Hi everyone

I hope your doing well today I will be reviewing another website. This one is called hautelook.com I found out about this site through another youtube guru bentlyblonde. She is known for this massive hauls and her crap products that is hilarious and amusing and her lovable shiba Inuit Kissu.

What is hautelook.com
It's is a membership website that sells massively discount products. They sell a variety of items from women's, men's and children's cloths, shoes, accessories,jewelries, make up product and skin care. From high end brands such as Betsey Johnson, lucky brand jeans, urban decay and a lot more. They also carry home furnishings and you can even book a trip at this website. They're items on sale is different brands different items each day, you will get email notifications what is available on sale that day. I check everyday first thing in the morning. Why because I noticed a lot of items have sold out by mid-day and they're the ones I have been wanting and eyeing from sephora, Macy's or Nordstroms.

How to sign up
It is easy to sign up for hautelook, it's the same as any website. They have you sign up in a form with typical information such as name, mailing and home address, telephone number, email address and credit card information. You don't need an invitation of any sort from members and there is no fees to sign up. Then shop away place items on your cart check out and you will receive an email notification of your purchase.

Sizing, shipping and returns
I have mostly bought a lot of cloths, jewelries and shoes from this site. They have a size guide on the side and they also give basic information about the model who is wearing the items. Information like height, bust, waist and hip size and they will give you what size he/she is wearing. So you can make an informed decision with sizes and I have been buying cloths online so I have an idea what size I need for a certain cut of cloths. Even with that I still need to return items every now and then.
There are certain items that is not returnable, items like makeup and skin care, or any product that can be used up.
Shipping they have ground and expedited shipping, I always choose ground shipping since it's cheaper and I don't think expedite will make any difference since your still waiting for hautelook to notify the company.
Emails, notifications and other things They will ship your items separately if one item is still unavailable without extra charges. You will receive email notification if your product has shipped.

There are a few annoying things about this website.
First is the sale is only good for 2 days after that you would have to wait till the end of the week which is Sunday for their blow out sale with limited size and non-returnable.
Secondly items that is placed on your cart will expire in 15 min. Which sucks because I like to browse around. It takes more than 15 min to go through each brand and skim. You can add the items back in the cart but it's such as hassle because I have to constantly rush and check if any items in my cart has expired.5 I understand there is a limited time and quantity of products and they want to give everyone a fair chance but 15 min is not enough.
Thirdly shipping is soo slow, I do mean slow. It takes a couple of weeks for any item that I purchase before it arrives to my place. There's this whole thing were they have to contact the seller and wait till the seller ships the items to them and then they will ship it to you. This is not the place to purchase an item you need in a week.
Fourth they take out your purchase charge right away. I mean with in the same hour you will notice your card will have a charge from hautelook and they still ship your stuff super slow.
Fifth returns is such a big hassle, they give you two options. The first option is to return an item and get a money refund but they charge you $5 for that service. Option number 2 is you get a hautelook credit instead of cash. Which is annoying I paid in cash through my debit card or credit card. I feel I need to be reimbursed the same way.
Also you get charged tax when you purchase anything here tax is at 8.75%

I know this site takes getting use too with all it's quirks but nothing beats the fact you can buy high end products prices that won't break your wallet. Without membership fees and other ridiculous rules. I will say that the shipping is the most annoying thing but I got over it and is looking forward to the items that I have purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment