Friday, June 15, 2012

Product review: loreal youthcode dark spot eliminating skin care

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday!!! I hope your having a woderfull start to your weekend. I know most of us is plague by dark spots, sun spots and just a dull complexion. There are so many face cream and skin care system that claims to be able to remove them. I have tried Neutrogena line a few years ago and I was happy with the results. I can't find that line of products from Neutrogena so I decided I will try the new L'oreal line of skin brighteners. I happen to read an article in a magazine and the editor recommend this brand.
I bought mine from target, I think for $24 for the set, which includes am/pm serum and the moisturizer with SPF 30. Target was having a sale that week, I was at another drugstore earlier that day they were selling the same product for $30. It's worth checking out Target if there is a store near you.

Product claims:

Serum
Restore luminosity and fight discoloration with youth code dark spot correcting and illuminating serum corrector. This clinically proven dual brightening formula illuminates skin tone and corrects dark spots for a more even, radiant and youthful complexion.
Serum Corrector Daily Treatment Fades dark spots see even luminous skin emerge

Moisturizer
Prevents future discolorations from forming
Protects skin from sun's UV rays
Contains SPF 30
Prevents dark spots and visibly even all skin tones. It prevents future discolorations from forming. It also protects skin from sun's UV rays.

Product experience:
The serum comes in a double lined plastic bottle with a pump.The pump has a dial so you can switch the nozel open or close. It's great for travel since you won't have to struggle with pump and accidentally spilling your serum. You get 1.0 fl oz of the product. After cleansing my face and spot treating my blemishes. I just use one pump of this serum and spread it across my face neck. Let it dry and follow on with my usual routine.

The moisturizer with SPF 30, I use as the last item I use of my face. It comes in double lined plastic tub with a screw cap and a little inner lid to protect the product from evaporating. You get 3 fl oz. I noticed this moisturizer is very very thick, you just take a little bit and dot it around your face and massage it in. I find that this moisturizer to be light on my skin even though it has a thick consistency. Also the moisturizer blends easily and melts into my skin. I don't have dry tight patches on my face. It does make me greasy by mid-day but nothing too bad that I can't deal with some blotting paper and powder.

The product does work, I saw noticeable decrease in the appearance of my sun spot while using this brand, but it's not as good on really dark hyper-pigmentation caused by pimples. It will brighten them a bit but not to a point where you can't see it.
Also if you have acne don't use this product, for some reason the ingredients in serum counter act the effects of your acne medication. Your acne will stay there for a good 2 weeks, I had to stop using the serum because my acne medications just wouldn't work. I used my face mask to dry out my acne and my tamanu oil to combat inflammation. Now that I stopped using the serum my acne is starting to slowly dry and heal.

Pros:
The moisturizer has an SPF of 30
A nice solid packaging that protects the product.
Nice thick consistency
Very hydrating

The serum is dispensed with a pump.
Has a nice scent
Absorbed quickly

travel friendly
Available at most drugstores, CVS, Walgreens, Rite aide. Target maybe Walmart.
Cheap I got my set for of the serum and moisturizer for $24 at Target.

Cons:
The moisturizer comes in a pot, I don't mind dipping my finger in there but I know some of might not like the idea.
I didn't see any notice any difference with the luminosity of my skin.
The moisturizer is leaving me a little greasy, nothing too bad.

The serum's plastic bottle is opaque you can't see through it, so you really don't know how much product you have left.
Can't be used with your acne medication, if you have acne stop using the serum. Your acne will not heal while your using the serum even if your piling on your usual acne medications.

It's a decent product especially for a drugstore brand but not the best. You can't use the serum with your acne medication. Out of the two I highly recommend the moisturizer with because of the sun protection if provides, it might make you greasy but it's something that can be dealt with.
Box
one pump of the serum

the bottle of serum

the sample of the moisturizer

the tub of moisturizer with the two caps


No comments:

Post a Comment