Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SKIN CARE product review: JOSIE MARAN ARGAN DAILY MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 40

Hi everyone,

I hope your having a nice week, today I will be reviewing for you the Josie Maran argan daily moisturizer with SPF 40. I got this moisturizer as a part of my Christmas gift. My cousin got me a sample size for Christmas.I asked for a sample size to be able to try the product without fully committing to a full size product. This way I won't be wasting money in the event that I don't like the product or I have a bad reaction to the product.

Sample bottle

Product claims:
Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40+ is your skins first defense against premature aging. This natural formula physically blocks UVA rays that can cause up to 80% of premature ageing. It also blocks the harmful UVB rays we encounter on sunny days or at the beach. Unlike traditional sun blocks, this natural formula is infused with Josie's signature ingredient, Argan Oil, which repairs and reverses damage caused by the sun, fights signs of aging and improves skin tone for a radiant, renewed complexion. This sun block is extra mild and fast absorbing. It can also double as a great makeup primer. Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40+ is lightweight, Paba Free, and for all skin types.

moisturizer

Product experience:
The moisturizer comes in a dark colored glass bottle with a pump. After I am finished with my morning skin care routine. You have to shake the product, it settles at the bottom and just dot this all over your face and blend it in. This product has a nice sweet but fruity scent and goes on really well. It's not very thick like most moisturizer but the consistency is just right.

Pros:
Comes in a pump.
Has SPF 40 and broad spectrum protection
Goes on smoothly, blends easily
Infused with Argan oil.
Has a nice scent.

Cons:
Not very hydrating, I just feel that this moisturizer blends well but just sits on top of my skin. I still had areas on my face where my skin felt dry and tight.
Very expensive this sample size cost $14 for 15 ml or .5fl oz, $32 for 60 ml or 2 oz bottle.
Left me looking like a grease ball after a few hours of application.
The product settles in the bottom so you need to mix it up again by shaking the bottle.

I was very disappointed with this product. I had such high hope that this will be my holy grail for moisturizer, because it's a combo of argan oil and broad spectrum sun protection. I have been looking for a combination like this and unfortunately this product didn't work for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment