Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Etude house black head remover dual sheet

Hi everyone

I hope your doing well and staying cool in this crazy weather we are having. Today I will be reviewing the Etude house blackhead remover dual sheets. You all know about my constant annoyance with my large pores and my quest to de-gunk and shrink them a bit.
While I was in the US I found out about this product. I didn't purchase it because I was having issues with yesstyle.com my chance came when I went on vacation :) The brand etude house is quite popular in the Philippines and stores have popped up on almost all the popular malls.
Add caption
Product claims:
Black Head Remover Dual Sheet is a two-stage blackhead removal and care system formulated with fruit and herbal extracts, which are natural and do not irritate skin. It offers perfect black head care that removes sebum stuck in nose and tightens the pores while not causing any harm to your delicate skin or any unnecessary enlargement of your pores
It has been considered by the beauty bloggers as a very effective product to remove blackheads within a short period of time. Try it! You will love the feeling when you take the strip off because you would immediately see the results.
Two stage blackhead removal and care system formulated with fruit and herbal extracts:
  • Step 1: Black Head Remover Sheet [Vol. 3ml (0.10 fl.oz.)] is formulated with a fruit complex to supply Alpha Hydroxy Acids for mild skin peel exfoliation. The remover sheet draws out pore residues for wipe off removal. Contains Orange, Lemon and Grape extracts.
  • Step 2: Tightening Gel Sheet [Vol. 1.2g (0.04 oz.)] is formulated with fresh herbs to heal and soothe pores. The gel sheet tightens and nourishes pores with cooling sensation. Contains Rosemary, Lavender and Peppermint.
[Direction]
  1. Remover film from and adhere remover sheet over nasal area. Leave on for 15 minutes then remove.
    * Tip : Use either warm water or steamed towel to open pores prior to application.
  2. Use cotton swab or pad to wipe exposed sebum, blackheads/whiteheads with downward motion.
  3. Remove film from and adhere gel sheet to same area. Leave on for 15 minutes then remove

the back of the sachet and instructions
Product review:

The directions recommend that you either have a fresh steamed face for the product to work better. Since I don't own a steamer I just did my usual routine. I used warm water to splash on my face and used my black soap facial wash and followed by my rose oil clay mask. I let it dry a bit since I have a few break outs. Then I used this blackhead remover. The first step/pack that your supposed to use is a cotton wool soaking in serum. It's like a mask but just for your nose. So you just place the cotton wool on your nose and cheek area and then wait 15 min before removing the mask.

After 15 min I removed the cotton wool and I noticed my white heads had swollen up. The directions recommends to take a q-tip or cotton pad and wipe the exposed black heads with down ward strokes, you should be able to take out your black heads.

step 1 which a cotton mask soaked in serum

I have white heads and large pores around my nose and cheeks, the wiping action did not work on me. I have tried with q-tips and cotton pads. I just ended up with a raw and red nose from all the wiping. The white heads did not get fully removed so I was quite disappointed. I didn't have any available nose strips at the time so I just continued on with the second step which is a gel mask to tighten pores. Since my pores were not properly de-gunked the second step didn't work as well.

I tried the system a second time, this time I used a pore strip instead of wiping my white heads, I used the skin food egg white pore strip. The pore strips made a big difference with ease of removal of the white heads. The skin food pore strips are really good at cleaning out my pores. The product in itself is not very good even the pore tightening step 2 did not make a big difference how large my pores where.

Pros:
It's a two step process that comes neatly package in sachet
Easy to use
The directions are in English and Korean
step 2 a gel mask with serum to tighten pores

Cons:
The product doesn't work as well alone it is incomplete, you need to use other product such as nose strip to really clean everything in your pores.
Price and availability, I don't exactly recall how much I paid for these at the store in the Philippines but Imomoko.com sells them for $14.99 for a set of 5 http://www.imomoko.com/etudehouseblackheadremover. Yesstyle.com sells them for $20.00 for a set of 10 http://www.yesstyle.com/etudehouseblackheadremover.

The idea of a two step system to remove black heads is good but the product doesn't work well.In this case the system is incomplete and would greatly benefit from an addition of a pore strip. I can't recommend this product at all.









2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm planning to try the pore strips you reviewed and recommended a few posts back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you find my blogs helpful :)

    ReplyDelete