Saturday, April 21, 2012

product review: Kalahari Ootanga Oil

Hi Everyone,

Back again for more beauty reviews, this time I'm going to focus on the items I'm currently using on my skin care routine.
I came across this oil because I was looking for a good moisturizer. My skin has changed drastically since my 20's. I always had oily combination skin that frustrated me so much. A few years ago I noticed that my regular moisturizer was not working as well. It was leaving my skin so dry and tight even after I have massaged the moisturizer on. I know what were supposed to switch moisturizer depending on the season. I usually use a lighter moisturizer in the summer and a more hydrating moisturizer in the winter. That being said I happen to find a YouTube guru Ms bentleyblonde and she was raving about banana's and baobab's moisturizer from sheaterraorganics.com
I looked around the website and realized it has a ton of other products that might help with my problem. Sheaterra has 100% all natural products, that's Eco-friendly and also help create work in Morocco.

The product claims:
Recommended for for normal to oil skin, removes makeup and sebum build up
With a multitude of uses, Kalahari Ootanga Oil (locally referred to as tsamma) is a must have in every beauty cabinet. Basking under the intense sun of the Kalahari Desert, seeds of water-laden, indigenous watermelons, tsamma melons, intensify in their hydroxyl radical-scavenging anti-oxidant powers. The results is a powerful oil, non greasy and non clogging, that penetrates skin's surface to eradicate toxins and debris while offering gentle, yet effective moisturization.

My experience:
I use Kalahari oil in the morning as my moisturizer, I just use 1 pump and massage the oil all over my face and neck.
As a make up remover, I just rub 2 to 3 pumps of the oil all over my face, making sure to really work the product where I need it. I just wipe the oil with a facial tissue and cleanse my face like I would normally do.

The product feels like a dry oil, what I mean by dry oil is that it's very light and not greasy. When I massage the oil on to my skin it just gets absorbed right away and I notice that it doesn't leave me my skin looking greasy in a few hours like my normal moisturizer. The oil doesn't have a fragrance in it, it does smell nutty it's because it's a cold pressed 100% certified pure oil.
I have used it as a make up remover and it does break down face make up, heavy duty eye liner like my urban decay 24/7.

Pros:
The product is all natural 100% certified
It's a great moisturizer that will not leave you looking greasy
The product is glass bottle and has a pump making it Eco-friendly and sanitary
price is decent $18 for 2 oz bottle

Cons
You can only get is online through sheaterra website.
The scent, it doesn't have one can smell organic, nutty.
It gets messy when used as a make up remover.
Does not contain an SPF

All in all I love this product and use it religiously, I feel it has helped my skin a lot and it's something that makes me feel and I can feel good about. So to purchase just head to http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/Kalahari-Ootanga-Oil-Prehistoric-Watermelon-Seed-Oil_p_51.html


No comments:

Post a Comment