Sunday, April 22, 2012

product review: Rose hips black soap deep pore facial wash and mask

Hi Everyone,

Here is another review from my skin care routine blog, the product is one of the skin cleanser that I have been using. Before I use only drugstore products, it was okay for a while but I didn't notice that the products that I was using was dehydrating my skin. I thought it was normal because I mainly use products that has benzoyl peroxide in them and that can dry out your skin. A few years ago I noticed that the dryness got worse and I mean it was really bad. My skin hasn't had the chance to dry completely after washing and my skin it felt very tight and very dry. At that time I was using oil of olay creme cleanser that was geared towards dry skin. I tried to make the cleanser work by tweaking how much I used and how often I used the products and even changed moisturizers but nothing worked. Then I happen to find out about sheaterraorganics and recieved a small sample of their black soap from my first order. I loved it and decided to try this cleanser and I must say I'm a believer.

Product claims:
This wash works like microdermabrasion to get rid of dead skin, even skin tone, firm skin and fight acne. Look younger in just minutes of use. South African Rose Hips Oil makes calms skin and works wonders on maturing skin.
What really is African black soap? There is a lot of misconception about what black soap is. This product is so effective that there are even companies racking up on millions of dollars selling fake black soap- neatly shaped, hard bars dyed black. Black soap comes in a few shades, from very black to brown. The base of the soap- ashes of plaintain and cocoa pods, determines the final color. Lighter brown versions often use less of the ashes. Tammie sources her black soap from the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria who are believed to have been the original makers of this black soap. Believed to be descendants from Egypt, the Yorubans carried their knowledge of herbal medicine westward. They developed black soap to cleanse the skin from harmful parasites, etc. Today they still cook it up in traditional manner by first creating the ash and then cooking the ash with oils such as shea butter to form the final product.
Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Facial Wash & Mask begins with authentic African black soap combined with certified organic rose hips seed oil and crushed rose hips fruit. Rose hips oil is used for its cell regenerative properties, producing skin which is healthier as cells divide. She next adds aloe ferox for its anti-aging, healing properties. Sustainably ourced from South Africa, aloe ferox is known to be the world's most active aloe. She also adds certified organic rooibos tea, high in anti-oxidants, kigellia Africana for its skin firming properties and licorice root for its ability to even skin tone. Once applied to skin, the wash breaks down the sebum which holds on dead skin and debris like glue. Removing layers of skin, the face instantly looks years younger, firmer and has a healthy pink glow.

My expereince:
I use 1 pump of the cleanser on to my hands and work it on to my face with either my hands or my nutrasonic. I some times use this as a mask and leave it on for 10 to 15 min then rinse the product off.
This cleanser leaves my skin looking bright and clean with out the tight, drying feeling that regular drugstore cleansers.

Pros:
Multi-purpose product, can be used as a cleanser, a mask or a scrub.
All natural product.
Anti-ageing product.
Gentle cleanser that won't strip your skin of natural oils.
Fragrance free and sulphate free.
Real black soap.
Eco-friendly comes in a glass bottle and pump.
Good for acne prone skin.
Price $18.00 for 4 oz bottle.
Product last a long time, very potent you need a lot to achieve the desired results.

Cons:
The color of the product it's black, can be off putting for some people.
Can be messy to use because of the color of the product, can spread easily around the sink and counter tops.
Can only be purchased on sheaterraorganics.com.

I love this product and can't be with out it, rose hips black soap did wonders for my dry, iritated skin and highly recommend this to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment