Saturday, April 21, 2012

product review: Tamanu oil

Hi Everyone

This oil is amazing I purchased it not knowing anything about the oil. I must say I was impressed and this oil has a multitude of uses.

Product claims:
Tamanu oil is known as a pharmacy in a bottle. The oil continues to work more effectively against bacterial and fungal infections than many anti-biotics. It has an amazing ability to help promote the formation of new tissue. This property, cicatrization, makes the oil perfect for those suffering from acne, rashes, sunburn, insect bites and eczema, not to mention as a daily standby for razor nicks to speed healing and avoid scarring. Several studies are available to show that large, impossible to treat wounds were successfully treated with several applications of tamanu oil.
Not only has tamanu oil been valued for its ability to heal skin and fight infections, this oil has been highly revered as an anti-aging serum. Slightly waxy, this curry fragrant oil helps skin to repair itself from external damage, fighting off free radical scavengers while improving the tone and elasticity of the skin. Skin will immediately feel softer, more hydrated, and a large decrease in wrinkling can be noticed right away.

My experience:
I use 1 pump of the oil and massage it all over my face and neck.
The first time I used this oil I was put off first it has a very musty scent that I disliked the oil has a thicker consistency with a yellow tinge to it. It's consistency is similar to olive oil but olive oil smells better. Because of the scent I only use this product at night. That way I'm not conscious when I meet people at work. Tamanu oil works wonders on my acne and used it to treat some minor burns I got from cooking.

Pros:
Multitude of uses, as moisturizer, acne treatment, skin burn treatment, minor cuts etc.
Again glass bottle with a pump
Price 2 oz bottle for $24.00

Cons:
Can only be purchased at sheaterraorganics.com
The smell can be off putting
It's a thicker oil can be hard to massage on to skin.

Tamanu oil is a great oil if you give it a try. Never judge an oil by it's looks and scent even though it has a weird scent you know there is nothing artificial that has been added to this oil. To purchase this product http://www.sheaterraorganics.com/100-Pure-Madagascar-Tamanu-Oil-Certified-Organic_p_55.html

No comments:

Post a Comment