Friday, October 5, 2012

HAIR product review: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk lite

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!!! today I will be reviewing a hair product for you. I have been looking high and low for products that will help me deal with my hair. For some basic information I have naturally curly hair, it's not a very tight curl but I would say a nice S shaped curl. As much as I have come to love my hair I still have my frustration. For one I have very, very dry hair, I'm always looking for good shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner and even leave in conditioner.

Today I will review Carol's daugter hair milk curl booster in lite. I happen to see this at Macy's while doing some end of the year errands. My cousin Love's this line so I figure why not try it. It is on the pricey side I think I paid $10 for this sample size but I was not disappointed.

Product claim:
Infused with apricot kernel oil, cocoa and Shea butter.
Curl Boosters work to add more bounce and spring to waves and curls
• Cocoa Butter provides intense moisture for curls so they’re softer and more manageable
• Shea Butter works to control frizz and flyaway to tame those locks
• Apricot Kernel Oil works to boost your curls’ shine
A curl boosting, weightless lotion that tames frizz, while defining your waves and curls. Adapted from our famous original formula, Lite is made with essential oil of Lemon and with Vitamin C for an extra light, moisturizing hold.
PLUS, No Parabens, No Petroleum, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Colors

Product experience:
This product comes in a squeeze bottle reminiscent of old milk bottles.
On clean damp hair I just rub a pea size on this product on my hair, one is I have distributed the product I gently scrunch my hair. The scrunching action will encourage your curls to form.

Pros:
All natural product
a lighter version of the original
A pea size amount is all you need, very potent
Has nice scent but not cloying

Cons:
Pricey 2 fl oz or 60 ml for $9 10 fl oz for $20.
Can be greasy if accidentally used too much.
You have to shake the product because it separates. It doesn't have additives that keep the product together.

I love this curl creme, it smells great and it feels great on my hair. It's very potent and a little goes a long way or else you will have a greasy hair.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a before and after shot! I use Shea moisture coconut hibiscus curl and style milk, but I do love trying out new products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will update with picture very soon thanks :)

      Delete