Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Asian skincare review: Skin Food Brown sugar scrub

Hi everyone,

I hope your having a good start to your week enjoying the much cooler weather. Today I will review, skin food sugar scrub. I recieved a free sample pack when I purchased a bunch of mask at the Skin food store here in So Cal.

Skin food is a Korean brand skin care and make up company. This brand boast it self for being made with all natural products. Making them good for you and good for your skin. Skin food was a wide range of products to choose from from whitening systems, gel mask, toners and make up.

sample packet

Product claims
Moisturizing and exfoliating wash off scrub mask with minerals, vitamins and glycolic acid. Cleanses and revitalizes the skin.
A leave-on mask with generous moisturizing and effective exfoliating ingredients. Grainy sugar granules slough off excess oil and grime, while a self-heating formula opens up pores, allowing skin to fully absorb the rich minerals and vitamins. After cleansing, gently rub mask all over face, leave mask on for 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Experience renewed luster and softness immediately after use. By Skinfood.
Black sugar mask with rich minerals and vitamin to provide luster and smoothness to skin.
How to Use:
Apply evenly after cleansing.
Avoid eye and mouth area.
Gently scrub adding water frequently.
Wash off with lukewarm water.
Pack Size - 100g

a nice thick scrub


Product expereince:
This scrub uses brown sugar as an exfoliant. That way there is no chance of over exfoliating with the sugar scrub because sugar dissolves with water. The scrub has a thick dark brown consistency. When you first put it on and massage your face the sugar is on the sharp side and but the sugar dissolves rather quickly and your left with the cleanser and a sweet scent that washes off cleanly.

Pros:
A natural product.
The sugar in the the scrub prevents over exfoliating.
A nice sweet smelling scent

Cons:
The sugar granules can be sharp.
Can cause break outs.
Can only be purchased at skin food store or online at imomoko.com, sasa.com, yesstyle.com etc
Expensive I think for a full size it cost $16.95 a 100 g tub
Black Sugar Mask Wash Off
full size tub

Initially I liked this product, it has a nice thick consistency made me feel that it is very hydrating. I liked that I sugar granules dissolve in time and I did not end up over scrubbing my skin. I think the consistency of the scrub is great but it broke me out so I can't fully recommend this product.


No comments:

Post a Comment