Saturday, October 20, 2012

Website Review: Pretty and cute.com

Hi Everyone,

I hope your all doing well and enjoying the cool Fall weather. So Cal has doesn't transform very much but I can still smell and feel Fall in the air. I love Fall for me it's one of my favorite seasons besides Summer. Fall is the time of transition where the tree leaves start to change color from green to the amber. The weather gets much cooler without being harsh and my favorite holiday Thanksgiving.

Today I will be reviewing a website for you, I know I'm obsessed with memberships and Asian beauty and skin care products. I lived in Asia for most of my life, even though I currently live in So Cal now. I still want those things that reminds me of home, also my skin has changed dramatically in a few years so the American drug store products although cheap I feel doesn't help my skin as much anymore. You can't always get the best deal from one website and I have to look around to get the items that I need. Asian skin care and beauty products can be pricey and sample sizes are hard to find. Majority of my time is spent looking for sample products either on sale or being given away. I like to test items out first and samples are great since I won't have to spend a lot of money on an item that might break me out or do other worse things on my skin.

Today I signed up for the website Prettyandcute.com, it is a Korean and Japanese beauty boutique

How to Sign up:

It's easy and just like any website you just go to prettyandcute.com and click on sign up. to set up an account which is easy. It will ask you for basic information, email address, name, billing address, shipping address etc just set up a password and wait for a confirmation email and you are set to shop.
Signing up is not necessary for this company you can sign in your own account using twitter, facebook or google.

Products and what nots:

This website only sells Asian beauty and skin care products. What I mean by beauty products is that they have Asian brand make up from eye make up, BB creams, lipstick to eyeliners. They also carry items that I think only Asian would be interested in like the Y tool to create the double lid look. They now carry skin care items from cleansers, toners and mask. They have brands such as Lioele, Tony moly, My beauty diary, skin 79 etc. There is not a wide variety of brands on this website but they are slowly starting to branch out and carry other popular brands.

Shipping, handling and customer service

This website has a 3 different shipping methods typical of any websites, there is economy usual 8 to 10 day delivery, 3 day rush and over night delivery.
There is an available customer service representative for live chat for any questions you have. If you have any questions you can send them an email at inquiry@prettyandcute.com Right now if you live in the states you can avail of their free shipping all you need to do is spend $50 of more and for people who live in Canada a minimum of $100.
A few hours after my order has been placed I already received an order confirmation and a few hrs after that a shipping confirmation was sent to my email. My products was shipped via united states postal service so tracking my package was a little annoying. I received my package in a weeks time which not bad, considering I waited over 3 weeks for my stuff to get shipped through yesstyle.com

Method of Payments:

This website is one of the few websites that allows express checkouts using paypal or your credit card. If you have a paypal account you don't even need to sign-up for an account with the company.
You also can sign in using your facebook or twitter account but I myself don't feel comfortable using that method.

Issues and other stuff

When I first signed up with this website I noticed they only carry a few Asia brands. My main goal was to gain a sample of Lioele BB cream. I know Imomoko sells the full size product and after having a reaction with skin 79 or legere BB cream I am more determined to find samples of this products. Unfortunately only certain websites carry the sample and prettyandcute has the samples that I want. They have promo right now where you can obtain 3 pc sample of different brands of BB creams for $3.00 or 3 pc sample of the same brand for $2.50
I noticed that of all the other websites, prettyandcute.com has a lot of products that is out of stock. In my case it was okay because I have other websites that I can go to, in order to try out the the products.
Also the company is trying to branch out to other brands and skin care products. They don't have the big selection like Imomoko and yesstyle but they are starting sell sample size of popular items.
When I received my purchases I received a little business card from prettyandcute.com. They are based here in the US their address is 18809 SE McLoughlin Blvd Portland, OR 97267 USA tel. 1-503-964-5207. Shop walk-in hours Sunday through Thursday 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm PST

My haul
my haul including some freebies :)
Since it's my first time purchasing from this site I was a little leery from my experience with yesstyle.com. So far so good so I purchased the 3 pc sample, I bought the Lioele beyond the solutions BB cream, Lioele triple the solutions BB cream, and holika-holika water march moisture green full cream BB cream. Etude house skin: Mal gem in smoother, Koji eyelash curler in wide curve, DUP eyelash glue in rubber and Holika holika Pig-nose clear blackhead 3- step kit. Since this company is based here in the US I didn't get hit with duty tax and international purchase fee. Shipping is so much faster even though I chose the economy which is 8-10 businesses days.

I do like the this website and it is reputable, you receive your order in a timely manner. Even though shipping through USPS postal can be annoying. It is just hard to track your packages online. Having to wait 8 to days for your purchases to arrive is decent. I am starting to compile a list of items I am intending to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment